Using email templates
Learn how to use and create email templates and share them with your team.
This guide will cover how to:
| Create templates
|| Create templates in your Templates Library
| Use templates in your email steps
|| Update templates
| Rename and delete templates
||Use team/public templates|
Email templates can be created within an email step of a sequence or within the Templates library.
Creating templates within email sequences
Once you have finalized your email copy, you can easily save it within the step by following these steps:
- Click the ... icon to open the drop-down menu.
- Select "Save Template" under the Templates section.
- Enter a name for the template and click Save.
If you would like to share it with the team, toggle on the "Share with team" option so your teammates can access the shared template and use it for their sequences.
Using templates in sequences
Once the template is saved, you can access it by following these steps:
- Click the ... icon to open up the drop-down menu
- Select "Use Template" under the Templates section.
- The Templates library will appear in a pop-up with a list of templates to use. Once you've chosen a template to use, click Select Template to add the email copy into the email step.
Edit a template
To edit a template, follow these steps:
- Go into your Templates Library.
- Select the template you want to edit and start typing in the text box.
- Click Save.
Creating templates in the Templates library
Email templates can also be created, edited, and removed within the Templates library.
To add a new template, follow these steps:
- Click on the "New Template" button on the top right and a pop-up will appear for you to create an email template.
- Enter a template name and choose whether the template will be shared with the team or only accessible to you. Once you've named the template, click "Create".
- After the template has been created, you can add in the email copy for the new template in the email editor. Be sure to click Save to save the email copy for the template.
Renaming and deleting email templates
The template can be renamed or deleted by clicking on the drop-down menu next to the template title.
Using a teammate's template or a public template
When you select Team Templates from the drop-down menu, you will see your teammate's shared email templates. In order to use their email templates, you will need to clone it so it can be your own template. Once you clone it, the template will appear under the My Templates list.
We recommend personalizing the template before using it in your sequences. Personalizing it can help ensure that your emails are better tailored to your contacts and can help with email deliverability.