Assigning reply sentiments
In this guide:
Learn how to assign reply sentiments to categorize a contact's interest in your message.
Reply sentiments can be assigned to contacts to categorize the type of response you receive from them. This is a great way to keep your contact lists organized and to show the health of your pipeline.
Reply sentiments can be assigned within a specific sequence or in your Tasks Dashboard.
Once a contact has replied or is set to booked in a sequence, you can assign one of the following reply sentiments:
- Interested - the contact is interested in the opportunity
- Not Interested - the contact is not interested in the opportunity
- Bad Fit - the contact is not the right fit for the opportunity
- Timing - the timing of the opportunity doesn't align with the contact
- Wrong Contact - the contact is not the appropriate person to reach out to (i.e. not the right person to reach out to at a company)
- Bad Data - the contact is not the correct person that you intended to reach out to (i.e. the email is not accurate for the contact)
Opening contact replies in Gmail
If you are using Gmail as your email provider, you can open contact replies directly from your sequence by following these steps:
- Find the contact in your sequence and click the Replied status.
- In the drop-down menu, select "Open in Gmail".
- This will open up a new tab in your browser and take you directly to the contact's reply in the email thread.
Assigning contact replies in a sequence
To assign a reply sentiment to a contact in a sequence, follow the steps below:
- Click on the contact's status to open up the drop-down menu.
- Select "Assign Sentiment" from the menu.
- In the Assign Sentiment pop-up, select a sentiment that best matches the contact reply. You can always change the type of sentiment by clicking on the contact's status.
- After selecting a sentiment, click "Confirm" to save.
Assigning contact replies in the Tasks dashboard
To assign a reply sentiment to a contact in the Tasks dashboard, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Replies tab to view contact replies across all sequences that do not have an assigned reply sentiment.
- A contact reply will display one at a time for you to assign a sentiment to it. Select a sentiment to assign to the contact reply.
- After assigning a sentiment, click "Save & Continue" and the next contact reply will be displayed. You can also click "Skip" if you choose not to assign a sentiment to the reply.
If your sequence is shared with your team, reply sentiments can also be assigned by other team members.
To see your team member's contact replies, click the drop-down menu on the left-hand side of your Tasks Dashboard:
Copy replied contacts from the Tasks Dashboard
Individual contacts can be copied to another sequence from the Replies tab of the Tasks Dashboard.
To copy a contact within the Replies tab of the Tasks Dashboard, follow the steps below:
- Click "Copy Contact" below the options of reply sentiments.
- Select a sequence to copy the contact to from the drop-down menu.
- After selecting a sequence, click "Confirm".