Assigning reply sentiments
Learn how to assign reply sentiments to categorize a contact's interest in your message.
Reply sentiments can be assigned to contacts to categorize the type of response you receive from them. This is a great way to keep your contact lists organized and to show the health of your pipeline.
Reply sentiments can be assigned within a specific sequence or in your Tasks Dashboard.
Once a contact has replied or is set to booked in a sequence, you can assign one of the following reply sentiments:
- Interested - the contact is interested in the opportunity
- Not Interested - the contact is not interested in the opportunity
- Bad Fit - the contact is not the right fit for the opportunity
- Timing - the timing of the opportunity doesn't align with the contact
- Wrong Contact - the contact is not the appropriate person to reach out to (i.e. not the right person to reach out to at a company)
- Bad Data - the contact is not the correct person that you intended to reach out to (i.e. the email is not accurate for the contact)
Assigning contact replies in a sequence
To assign a reply sentiment to a contact in a sequence, follow the steps below:
- Click on the contact's status to open up the drop-down menu.
- Select "Assign Sentiment" from the menu.
- In the Assign Sentiment pop-up, select a sentiment that best matches the contact reply. You can always change the type of sentiment by clicking on the contact's status.
- After selecting a sentiment, click "Confirm" to save.
Assigning contact replies in the Tasks dashboard
To assign a reply sentiment to a contact in the Tasks dashboard, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Replies tab to view contact replies across all sequences that do not have an assigned reply sentiment.
- A contact reply will display one at a time for you to assign a sentiment to it.
- After assigning a sentiment, click "Save & Continue" and the next contact reply will be displayed. You can also click "Skip" if you choose not to assign a sentiment to the reply.
If your sequence is shared with your team, reply sentiments can also be assigned by other team members.
To see your team member's contact replies, click the drop-down menu on the left-hand side of your Tasks Dashboard: