Adding images to your messages
In this guide:
Using images in your emails are a great way to share visual content, add branding to your emails and even to help personalize messages. We'll highlight the different methods for adding images to your email steps below.
Understanding the pros and cons of adding images to emails
- Some images may not be viewable by all of your contacts since each email service has different rules in place. For example, Gmail may display your images but Outlook may not.
- Some anti-spam mail services may count your images against you which can ultimately lower deliverability rate
To add an image, open the email you want to add an image to and then click the … icon > Scroll down to the Images & Attachments section of the drop-down menu.
From there, there are two ways to add images to your email:
- You can host your image elsewhere/online and add the image's link in the Image URL field.
- You can drag and drop the image into the editor or upload the file directly from your computer.
You can check out the sections below for more specific details on each upload method.
Adding images through drag and drop
You can select the "Upload Image" option to upload images directly from your computer. We recommend setting up branded domains if you upload images to ensure this doesn't affect your email deliverability.
If you are uploading a .gif, you will need to select the Original size option during the import process in order for the gif to remain animated.
Adding images through links
You can add in an image through adding the image's URL by selecting Add Image URL. Just double check that the image's URL ends in .png, .jpg, .jpeg, or .gif so it uploads correctly.
Adding links to images
Images can be made clickable through adding links. To create a clickthrough image URL, follow these steps:
- Upload the image to your sequence following the steps above and then click on the image.
- Click the hyperlink icon and enter the URL.
- Click Apply and Click Save to save the changes to the email step.
- The image is now clickable and will redirect your contacts to the URL you have added.
To edit or remove the link, click on the image again and select the option.
How to host and add your own image
If you have an image hosted on your website already, you can reference the link from there. Please keep in mind that this link should end in .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, etc. so the image can be added in properly.
To find the image URL, right click the image on the website and select Copy Image Address.
The URL should look something like this:
If your image's link does not look like this, you will need to host the image somewhere else. We recommend using Imgur to host those images reliably. You can refer to Imgur's help article to see what file types and size limits can be uploaded.
When you have successfully uploaded the image to Imgur, click Download Post and follow the steps above to upload the image directly into your sequence.
You can resize images that have been uploaded from your computer but you cannot resize images added with a URL.
To resize an image, follow the steps below:
- Open the sequence and click the ... icon.
- Select Upload Image.
- In the pop-up window, you can drag and drop the image into the dotted section or click to upload the file directly from your computer.
- Next, you can select the size of the image from either small, medium, large or original size options.