You can provide contacts the option to unsubscribe from your messages by toggling on the unsubscribe link feature in your Account Settings or by adding the link within each of your email steps. Unsubscribing contacts will prevent them from receiving any further messages from you.
Contacts can unsubscribe from a sender's messages in two ways:
- They can click on the link to unsubscribe from future emails.
- Contacts can reply to the email with the word "unsubscribe" and Interseller will automatically set their status to unsubscribed.
Adding the unsubscribe link to all sequences
To add an unsubscribe link to all of your sequences, please follow these steps:
- Go into your Account Settings.
- Click the Click the Tracking tab.
- Toggle the Unsubscribe Link on.
Note: Enabling this feature will add an opt-out link at the bottom of your messages.
We generally don't suggest turning on the Unsubscribe Link feature unless you are sending anywhere between 10,000 - 20,000 emails per month or if it is required in your country.
Adding the unsubscribe link to individual email steps
If you do not want the unsubscribe link to appear on all of your sequences, you can choose to have this display on individual email steps instead.
To add the Unsubscribe Link to individual messages, please follow these steps:
- Open up the sequence you want to add the link to.
- Click Steps tab and then Click the … icon.
- Click Add Unsubscribe Link.
Note: Adding the Unsubscribe Link will create a link that displays above your email signature since it will display in the email step itself.
Contacts can also unsubscribe themselves from sequences when they reply to the email with the word "unsubscribe". This kind of reply from a contact will automatically stop any further follow-up emails from sending.
When the contact has unsubscribed from your sequences, this will apply to your teammate's sequences as well. This will prevent you and your team from sending messages to the same contact in the future.
Manually Unsubscribe A Contact
You can also manually set a contact's status to unsubscribed by following these steps:
- Click on the contact's status in the sequence
- Select Unsubscribe.
Important things to note:
- Unsubscribe links don't appear in test emails so the only contacts to see this link will be the ones in your sequence
- If a contact has unsubscribed from a sender's previous sequence, they will automatically be unsubscribed from the same sender's future sequences. If you would like to resubscribe a contact, the owner or manager of the team can reinstate them.