By default, our Chrome extension prioritizes work emails to be displayed whenever you are viewing LinkedIn search results or a contact's profile. Interseller also provides personal email searches but you will need to reach out to our team directly to activate it.
Adjusting the lookup preference for the Chrome extension
In order to change your lookup preference, you will need to your Account Settings and select the Chrome Extension panel. From there, you can select between 5 options:
- None - This setting pulls up any email that appears on the page, similar to the Find browser function (the lookup function isn't being used to locate the email so your lookup credits will not count in this case).
When using this lookup option on an individual profile, an email will need to be manually entered in order to add the contact to a sequence.
- Work Only - This setting only pulls work emails
- Personal Only - This setting only pulls personal emails
- Any (Work First) - This setting prioritizes work emails first, then personal emails if work emails cannot be found
- Any (Personal First) - This setting prioritizes personal emails first, then work emails if personal emails cannot be found
Once you change your Email Lookup settings, be sure to refresh the page on LinkedIn so the new preference updates.
Using the Chrome Extension's Quick Change
To change between work and personal emails while using the extension, right click the Interseller icon in the browser toolbar. From there, you will see an option for Email Lookup and then you can choose between the same options listed above.
Please be sure to refresh the page so the lookup preference updates.
- There's a maximum of 1 credit per email lookup since only one email is being searched for.
- If you search for both a personal and work email for the same contact in 2 separate searches, this will count as 2 credits.
- The credit will be counted when an email is found. If an email isn't found, then the credit won't count.