Changing the "Send As" email for your account
In this guide:
Users with a Gmail alias can change the sending email address for all sequences, individual sequences, or individual email steps.
If you have an Outlook alias, have an email address that has a separate inbox or want to change the email address associated with your account, you will need to create a new Interseller account instead.
Email alias requirements
Before you begin changing the "send as" email on your Interseller account, please read through the following requirements:
- Your email alias must be usable within Gmail and cannot be using another email service provider. Please see the section below for details on setting up a Gmail alias.
- You must be able to receive email to your inbox under the email alias. This will ensure that Interseller recognizes when contacts reply to your sequences. If this isn't set up correctly, reply tracking will not work and Interseller will continue sending further follow-ups to your contacts.
- You must have at least one active sequence within Interseller.
Note: The Send As feature does not support Microsoft/Outlook aliases. If you want to use a Microsoft alias, you will need to create a separate account instead. Please reach out to our Support team for more information.
Setting up a Gmail alias
G Suite admins:
To set up another alias such as an alternative name under a user's domain, please follow the steps listed in Google's help article here.
Once that's done, the user will then need to need to manually add that new alias within their Gmail account by following the steps in this Google help article.
To add an alias under your Gmail account, please follow the steps in this Google help article.
To complete the alias setup, follow the steps below to set up reply tracking:
- Open your Gsuite and Gmail settings.
- Click Accounts.
- Select the "Reply from the same address the message was sent to under the Send mail as section.
Note: You must complete the steps above to ensure that reply tracking works properly with your Interseller account and your email alias.
Changing the "Send As" email address for all sequences
Be sure to select which alias you would like to send emails from before launching your sequence as there's no way to change this once the sequence has been launched.
Changing the "Send As" email address for individual sequences
If you would like to change the "send as" email address for individual sequences, please reach out to our Support team to enable this feature.
Once we have enabled this feature for you, you change the "Send As" email address for individual sequences, by following the steps below:
- Open up the sequence and click "Settings".
- In the "General" tab, navigate to the the "Advanced Settings" section. From there, you can select an email alias from the drop-down list to set as the "Send As" email address. You'll want to set the alias up before launching the sequence.
- Click "Save Changes" to save the selected email alias.
Changing the "Send As" email address for individual email steps
If you would like to change the "Send As" email address for individual email steps, please reach out to our Support team to enable this feature.
Once we have enabled this feature for you, you can change the "Send As" email address for individual email steps by following the steps below:
- Click the gear icon for the selected email step.
- In the "Send As" option, select an email alias from the drop-down list.
- Click "Save" to save the changes.
Important: Since an email alias doesn't have its own email signature, it will utilize the signature that appears in your Interseller Signature settings by default. When an alias is used in an email step, we will automatically disable the signature to help prevent any discrepancies between the different email steps.
Using multiple email addresses with different inboxes
If your current email address and new email address use different inboxes, you will need to create a new Interseller account. Please reach out to our Support team for more help on using multiple email addresses and switching your email address.
Our team can help merge your Interseller accounts together and transfer your subscription over without requiring you to re-subscribe. You can also request a CSV file of all your contacts and data.
Please note: We cannot migrate email data over to your new Interseller account since it's tied directly to your original email account. Moving that data will cause problems with your email system (Gmail, Outlook, etc).