Changing the "Send As" email for your account
In this guide:
If you're using Gmail and both of your email addresses use the same inbox, you can change the sending email address for all your sequences, individual sequences, or individual email steps.
To change the email address associated with your Interseller account or to set up another address with different inboxes, please reach out to our Support team for more help.
Email alias requirements
Before you begin changing the "send as" email on your account, please read through the following requirements:
- Your email alias must be usable within Gmail and cannot be using another email service provider.
- You must be able to receive email to your inbox under the email alias. This will ensure that Interseller recognizes when contacts reply to your sequences. If this isn't set up correctly, reply tracking will not work and Interseller will continue sending further follow-ups to your contacts.
- You must have at least one active sequence within Interseller.
Setting up a Gmail alias
G Suite admins:
To set up another alias such as an alternative name under a user's domain, please follow the steps listed in Google's help article here.
Once that's done, the user will then need to need to manually add that new alias within their Gmail account by following the steps in this Google help article.
To add an alias under your Gmail account, please follow the steps in this Google help article.
To complete the alias setup, follow the steps below to set up reply tracking:
- Open your Gsuite and Gmail settings.
- Click Accounts.
- Select the "Reply from the same address the message was sent to under the Send mail as section.
Changing the "Send As" email address for all sequences
In your email settings, you can change the "Send As" email for all sequences as long as it's registered through Gmail.
Be sure to select which alias you would like to send emails from before launching your sequence as there's no way to change this once the sequence has been launched.
Changing the "Send As" email address for individual sequences
If you would like to change the "send as" email address for individual sequences, please reach out to our Support team to enable this feature.
Once we have enabled this feature for you, you change the "Send As" email address for individual sequences, by following the steps below:
- Open up the sequence and click "Settings".
- In the "General" tab, navigate to the the "Advanced Settings" section. From there, you can select an email alias from the drop-down list to set as the "Send As" email address. You'll want to set the alias up before launching the sequence.
- Click "Save Changes" to save the selected email alias.
Changing the "Send As" email address for individual email steps
If you would like to change the "Send As" email address for individual email steps, please reach out to our Support team to enable this feature.
Once we have enabled this feature for you, you can change the "Send As" email address for individual email steps by following the steps below:
- Click the gear icon for the selected email step.
- In the "Send As" option, select an email alias from the drop-down list.
- Click "Save" to save the changes.
Using multiple email addresses with different inboxes
If your current email address and new email address use different inboxes, you will need to create a new Interseller account. Please reach out to our Support team for more help on using multiple email addresses and switching your email address.
Our team can help merge your Interseller accounts together and transfer your subscription over without requiring you to re-subscribe. You can also request a CSV file of all your contacts and data.