Changing lookup preferences for the Chrome Extension
In this guide:
Learn how to change your email preferences for the Chrome Extension from your Account Settings or through the quick-change option.
By default, our Chrome extension prioritizes work emails to be displayed whenever you are viewing LinkedIn search results or a contact's profile. Interseller also provides personal email searches but you will need to reach out to our team directly to activate it.
You can select between these five lookup preferences:
- None - This setting pulls up any email that appears on the page, similar to the Find browser function. When this lookup option is used on an individual profile, an email address will need to entered manually in order to add the contact to a sequence.
Since the lookup function isn't being used to locate the email, no lookup credits will be used.
Work Only - This setting only pulls work emails.
Personal Only - This setting only pulls personal emails.
Any (Work First) - This setting prioritizes work emails first, then personal emails if work emails cannot be found.
Any (Personal First) - This setting prioritizes personal emails first, then work emails if personal emails cannot be found.
Using the Chrome Extension's quick change option
To change between work and personal emails while using the extension, right click the Interseller icon in the browser toolbar. From there, you will see an option for Email Lookup and then you can choose between the same options listed above.
Please be sure to refresh the page so the lookup preference updates.
- There's a maximum of 1 credit per email lookup since only one email is being searched for.
- If you search for both a personal and work email for the same contact in 2 separate searches, this will count as 2 credits.
- The credit will be counted when an email is found. If an email isn't found, then the credit won't count.
Adjusting the lookup preference from your Account Settings
You can also adjust your email lookup preference from your Account Settings by following these steps:
- Head to the Chrome Extension panel.
- Select the lookup preference you would like to use.
- Click Save.
Once your preferences have been saved, be sure to refresh the page on LinkedIn so it updates within the extension.