The volume setting limits how many emails are sent per day and spaces out the amount of seconds between each emails waiting to be sent. The volume feature can be found in your settings under the schedule tab. As you increase your volume limit for maximum emails to send per day and the seconds to wait between each email, you can hover over the slider to see if the amount is within a safe frequency. The amount of emails to send per day are in increments of 20.
Below are the three ranges for maximum emails to send per day:
- 500 and below - safe frequency
- 520-1,000 - reasonable amount if you have reply rates above 10%
- 1,020-1,500 - excessive amount and can be reported as spam
Below are the ranges for seconds to wait between each email:
- 10-15 seconds - this is a high frequency and can be reported as spam
- 30 seconds - reasonable frequency if reply rates are above 10%
- 60-300 seconds - this is a safe frequency
The more spaced out the emails are, the less it can be seen that they're automated. We suggest setting this to 60 seconds or more.
These two settings together also determine how many emails we can send during that time. Just remember that if you have only 3 hours set in a given day and space emails 60 seconds apart, it means that we can only send 180 emails.
You can also set a maximum threshold less than your schedule with the "maximum emails to send per day" setting. We advise that you set this number to 200 if you're new to email sequencing.