Using Interseller with Affinity
In this guide:
Our integration with Affinity lets you automatically sync contacts into Affinity whenever they're added to a sequence on Interseller.
To connect Interseller to Affinity, you can visit the Integrations page to get started. In order to integrate Affinity with Interseller, you'll need the API Key.
You can find your Affinity API Key by following the steps below:
- Log into your Affinity account and click on "Affinity Settings".
- Scroll down to the Data and Integrations section and select the "API" tab.
- Click on "Generate an API Key".
- Once the API Key is generated, you can copy and paste the key to connect it to Interseller. Do not lose this information or share with others since this is the only time you will be able to view these keys.
Adjusting the sync settings
After Affinity is connected to Interseller, you can choose how all contacts sync over from Interseller to Affinity by selecting one of the following sync options:
- Off - Contacts will not sync over to Affinity
- Sync contacts when added to a sequence - Contacts will sync over to Affinity when they are added to a sequence
- Sync contacts only when they reply back - Contacts will only sync over to Affinity when they reply to a sequence
Disable syncing sequences to Affinity
You can also disable syncing individual sequences over to Affinity by toggling off the "Sync to Affinity" feature in the "Syncing" tab within the sequence's settings.
If you don't want contacts to sync over to Affinity, you will need to make sure this setting is enabled first before adding contacts into the sequence.
Resync contacts to Affinity
If contacts have been added before Affinity was connected, contacts and email activity can be backfilled later through the "Resync to Affinity" feature. You can resync contacts to Affinity individually or in bulk.
Enable/disable deduplication for Affinity
You can toggle on the "Deduplication" setting for Affinity to be warned if a contact already exists in Affinity. This will mark the contact with the error "Exists in Affinity" if we find the same email address already exists in Affinity prior to being added into Interseller.
If deduplication is turned off, then we will not warn you if the contact already exists in Affinity.
Below are two common scenarios of when a new contact record will be created and when it won't be created when the contact has synced over to Affinity:
- If the same email address exists in both Affinity and Interseller, a duplicate contact record will not be created in Affinity.
- If there are two different email addresses for the same contact (one in Affinity and one in Interseller), a second contact record will be created with the second email address when they sync over from Interseller to Affinity.
Changing the default list at the account level
You can set the default list that all contacts across all sequences are synced to at the account level by adjusting the "List" sync setting.
We recommend leaving this blank if you are syncing contacts to specific lists for each sequence.
Changing the list for each sequence
You can override the default list by adjusting this setting for each sequence.
To adjust the list setting, open up the sequence's settings, click on the "Syncing" tab, and select the specific list for contacts to sync over to within Affinity.
Be sure to select the correct list first as contacts cannot be re-synced if they were added first and then a list is selected for the sequence at a later time.
Custom Field Mapping
You can also customize how the field mapping from Interseller syncs over to Affinity. These settings are an advanced feature so we only recommend customizing them if you're familiar with setting this up. If you need any assistance with setting up the custom field mapping, we recommend reaching out to a member of our support team.
If you see any integration errors regarding custom field mapping, feel free to get in touch with our team and they can help you out further.