Assign groups to users on a team
Learn how to assign groups to users on a team.
Assigning users to group is a great way to add structure to your team account and keep your team’s sequences organized.
Important things to know
- Only managers and users can be assigned to groups. Owners cannot be assigned to groups.
- Managers who are not assigned to a group can assign other users to a group.
- Managers who are already assigned to a group can only invite other users into their group. They cannot assign users to groups outside of theirs or remove users from other groups.
- Each group can only access and view shared sequences with other teammates who are a part of their group. This includes the reporting data in the Reports dashboard.
- Users who are not assigned to a group can view all shared sequences across the team, including those part of a group.
- If teammates are using a shared folder and are part of different groups, they won't be able to see each other's sequences.
Assigning users to groups
To assign groups to users, follow these steps:
- In the Team page, select a user to assign a group to and click on the down arrow to open the drop-down menu.
- Select "Assign Group" in the menu.
- In the Assign Group pop-up, select a group to add the user to. You can always change the group later by clicking on the drop-down menu again.
- After selecting a group, click "Confirm" to save.