Understanding phone number lookups
In this guide:
If you are on our Recruiter or Agency plan, you can search for contact's phone numbers from our Chrome Extension, the contact's profile or in bulk directly from the sequence.
Using phone number lookups and how they work
In order to run phone number lookups, a personal email must exist for the contact since a contact must have an email in order to be added into Interseller. If a personal email does not exist, the email needs to be found first in order to search for a phone number.
To run a personal email lookup, you can set the Chrome extension preference to:
- "Personal Only - Find only personal emails"
- "Any (Personal First) - Try finding personal emails first, then work emails after)".
Phone numbers can be searched for in 3 places:
- During an email lookup on the Chrome extension
- In Interseller within the contact record
- In Interseller by selecting multiple contacts
How phone number lookups work
- Interseller will try to search for the contact's direct dial number, but we're not able to identify if it's the contact's mobile number or their desk phone number.
- Once a phone number is found, it will be saved in the contact record. If the contact already has a phone number listed in their contact record, Interseller will not run another search for it.
- If the contact's phone number is deleted, then Interseller can run another search for it. However, running another lookup may display the same phone number as before so a new number may not be found.
When phone number lookup credits count towards your balance
- It costs 1 lookup credit to search for a phone number.
- When a phone number appears during an email lookup, it will count as only 1 lookup for both the email and phone number.
- If a phone number does not appear during an email lookup, it will count as 2 lookup credits for both the email and phone number.
- When a contact's phone number is deleted, running additional phone number lookups for the same contact will not cost an additional lookup credit
- If a phone number is not found, a lookup credit will not be counted.
- If a phone number is found incorrect, you will not be issued a credit back.
Searching for phone numbers on the Chrome extension
If a phone number isn't identified for the contact during an email lookup in the Chrome extension, you can run a search to find a phone number by clicking on "Search Phone?" in the lookup window.
If a phone number is found for the contact, it will be displayed in the lookup window. If a phone number isn't found, it will show a "Not Found" message.
Searching for phone numbers within the contact record
If a contact already exists in Interseller and doesn't have a phone number listed, you can run a search within their contact record to find a phone number. You can click on the "Search?" option in the contact record to search for a phone number.
If a phone number is found for the contact, it will be displayed in the activity record. If a phone number isn't found, it will show a "Not Found" message.
Searching for phone numbers in bulk
If multiple contacts in Interseller don't have a phone number listed, you can run a bulk search to find phone numbers for them.
To find phone numbers for contacts in bulk, follow these steps below:
- Select the checkboxes next to the contacts you'd like to find phone numbers for.
- In the drop-down menu, select "Lookup Phone Numbers".
- A pop-up will appear letting you know how many lookup credits will be used to find phone numbers. As a note, the contact must be sourced and added from LinkedIn in order to utilize the bulk phone number lookup feature. Click "Continue" to perform the phone number lookups.
- A notification will appear in the dashboard to let you know the lookups are being performed.
- Once the lookups are done, you can click the link in the notification to download the results of the phone number lookups in a CSV file. An email will also be sent to you with the link to download the CSV file. If a phone number is found, it will automatically be added to the contact record in the sequence.