Understanding phone number lookups
In this guide:
Using phone number lookups and how they work
In order to run phone number lookups, a personal email must exist for the contact since a contact must have an email in order to be added into Interseller. If a personal email does not exist, the email needs to be found first in order to search for a phone number.
To run a personal email lookup, you can set the Chrome extension preference to:
- Personal Only - Find only personal emails
- Any (Personal First) - Try finding personal emails first, then work emails after).
Phone numbers can be searched for in 3 places:
- During an email lookup on the Chrome extension
- In Interseller within the contact record
- In Interseller by selecting multiple contacts
Note: Please check out the sections below for detailed steps on how to search for phone numbers.
How phone number lookups work
- Interseller will try to search for the contact's direct dial number, but we're not able to identify if it's the contact's mobile number or their desk phone number.
- Once a phone number is found, it will be saved in the contact record. If the contact already has a phone number listed in their contact record, Interseller will not run another search for it.
- If the contact's phone number is deleted, then Interseller can run another search for it. However, running another lookup may display the same phone number as before so a new number may not be found.
When phone number lookup credits count towards your balance
- It costs 1 lookup credit to search for a phone number.
- When a phone number appears during an email lookup, it will count as only 1 lookup for both the email and phone number.
- If a phone number does not appear during an email lookup, it will count as 2 lookup credits for both the email and phone number.
- When a contact's phone number is deleted, running additional phone number lookups for the same contact will not cost an additional lookup credit
- If a phone number is not found, a lookup credit will not be counted.
- If a phone number is found incorrect, you will not be issued a credit back.
Searching for phone numbers on the Chrome extension
If a phone number isn't identified for the contact during an email lookup in the Chrome extension, you can run a search to find a phone number by clicking on Search Phone? in the lookup window.
If a phone number is found for the contact, it will be displayed in the lookup window. If a phone number isn't found, it will show a Not Found message.
Searching for phone numbers within the contact record
If a contact already exists in Interseller and doesn't have a phone number listed, you can run a search within their contact record to find a phone number. You can click on the Search? option in the contact record to search for a phone number.
If a phone number is found for the contact, it will be displayed in the activity record. If a phone number isn't found, it will show a Not Found message.
Searching for phone numbers in bulk
If multiple contacts in Interseller don't have a phone number listed, you can run a bulk search to find phone numbers for them.
To find phone numbers for contacts in bulk, follow these steps below:
- Select the checkboxes next to the contacts you'd like to find phone numbers for.
- In the drop-down menu, select Lookup Phone Numbers.
- A pop-up will appear letting you know how many lookup credits will be used to find phone numbers. As a note, the contact must be sourced and added from LinkedIn in order to utilize the bulk phone number lookup feature. Click Continue to perform the phone number lookups.
- A notification will appear in the dashboard to let you know the lookups are being performed.
- Once the lookups are done, you can click the link in the notification to download the results of the phone number lookups in a CSV file. An email will also be sent to you with the link to download the CSV file. If a phone number is found, it will automatically be added to the contact record in the sequence.