Understanding phone number (beta) lookups
We currently have a beta for running phone number lookups so you can search for contacts' phone numbers in addition to their emails.
In this guide we'll cover how to:
| Run phone
| Search for numbers in the extension
and within contact records
| How phone lookups work
||When lookups are counted|
Running phone number lookups
In order to run phone number lookups, a personal email must exist for the contact since a contact must have an email in order to be added into Interseller. If a personal email does not exist, the email needs to be found first in order to search for a phone number.
To run a personal email lookup, you can set the Chrome extension preference to:
- "Personal Only - Find only personal emails"
- "Any (Personal First) - Try finding personal emails first, then work emails after)".
Phone numbers can be searched for in 2 places:
- During an email lookup on the Chrome extension
- On Interseller within the contact record
Searching for phone numbers on the Chrome extension
If a phone number isn't identified for the contact during an email lookup in the Chrome extension, you can run a search to find a phone number by clicking on "Search Phone?" in the lookup window.
If a phone number is found for the contact, it will be displayed in the lookup window. If a phone number isn't found, it will show a "Not Found" message.
Searching for phone numbers within the contact record
If a contact already exists in Interseller and doesn't have a phone number listed, you can run a search within their contact record to find a phone number. You can click on the "Search?" option in the contact record to search for a phone number.
If a phone number is found for the contact, it will be displayed in the activity record. If a phone number isn't found, it will show a "Not Found" message.
How phone number lookups work
- Interseller will try to search for the contact's direct dial number, but we're not able to identify if it's the contact's mobile number or their desk phone number.
- Once a phone number is found, it will be saved in the contact record.
- If the contact already has a phone number listed in their contact record, Interseller will not run another search for it.
- If the contact's phone number is deleted, then Interseller can run another search for it. However, running another lookup may display the same phone number so a new phone number may not be found.
How phone number lookup credits are counted
- It costs 1 lookup credit to look up a phone number.
- If a phone number appears during an email lookup, then it will count as 1 lookup credit for both the email and phone number.
- If a phone number does not appear during an email lookup, then it will count as 2 lookup credits for both the email and phone number.
- If a contact's phone number is deleted, running additional phone number lookups for the same contact will not charge additional lookup credits.
- If a phone number is not found, a lookup credit will not be counted.
- If a phone number is found incorrect, we're not able to issue a credit back.