Using Interseller with Zoho Recruit
In this guide:
- Connecting to Zoho Recruit
- Adjusting the default sync settings
- Adjusting the sequence sync settings
- Disabling syncing to sequences
- Resyncing contacts to Zoho Recruit
- Enabling and disabling deduplication
- Setting the default job opening
- Setting the job opening per sequence
- Setting up custom field mapping
Interseller's integration with Zoho Recruit can automatically sync contacts and assign them to job openings in Zoho Recruit whenever they're added to a sequence on Interseller.
Connecting to Zoho Recruit
To connect Interseller to Zoho Recruit, you can visit the Integrations page and select Zoho Recruit from the list. You'll need to log into your Zoho Recruit account and grant Interseller permission to access your Zoho Recruit data.
Adjusting the sync settings
After Zoho Recruit is connected to Interseller, you can choose to sync contacts as a "Candidate" or "Contact". You can choose how all contacts sync over from Interseller to Zoho Recruit by selecting one of the following sync options:
- Off - Contacts will not sync over to Zoho Recruit
- Sync contacts when added to a sequence - Contacts will sync over to Zoho Recruit when they are added to a sequence
- Sync contacts only when they reply back - Contacts will only sync over to Zoho Recruit when they reply to a sequence
Adjusting the sync setting per sequence
You can override the default sync setting for each individual sequence. To adjust this setting for each sequence, open up the sequence's settings and select the sync option from the drop-down menu in the "Sync As" section.
It's important to select whether contacts sync as a "Candidate" or "Contact" in the sequence first since this can't be re-synced if contacts are added first and then a sync option is selected for the sequence at a later time.
Disable syncing sequences to Zoho Recruit
You can also disable syncing individual sequences over to Zoho Recruit by toggling off the "Sync to Zoho Recruit" feature in the "Syncing" tab within the sequence's settings.
If you do not want contacts to sync over to Zoho Recruit, you will need to make sure this setting is enabled first before adding contacts into the sequence.
Resync contacts to Zoho Recruit
If contacts have been added before Zoho Recruit was connected, contacts can be backfilled later through the "Resync to Zoho Recruit" feature. You can resync contacts to Zoho Recruit individually or in bulk.
Enable/disable deduplication for Zoho Recruit
You can toggle on the "Deduplication" setting for Zoho Recruit to be warned if a contact already exists in Zoho Recruit. This will mark the contact with the error "Exists in Zoho Recruit" if we find the same email address already exists in Zoho Recruit prior to being added into Interseller.
If deduplication is turned off, then we will not warn you if the contact already exists in Zoho Recruit.
Below are two common scenarios of when a new contact record will be created and when it won't be created when the contact has synced over to Zoho Recruit:
- If the same email address exists in both Zoho Recruit and Interseller, a duplicate contact record will not be created in Zoho Recruit.
- If there are two different email addresses for the same contact (one in Zoho Recruit and one in Interseller), a second contact record will be created with the second email address when they sync over from Interseller to Zoho Recruit.
Changing the default job opening at the account level
You can set the default job posting that all contacts across all sequences are synced to at the account level by adjusting the "Job Opening" sync setting.
We recommend leaving this blank if you are syncing contacts to specific job openings for each sequence.
Changing the job opening for each sequence
You can override the default job order by adjusting this setting for each individual sequence.
To adjust the job opening, open up the sequence's settings, click on the "Syncing" tab, and select the specific job opening for contacts to sync over to within Zoho Recruit.
Be sure to select the correct job opening first as contacts cannot be re-synced if they were added first and then a job opening is selected for the sequence at a later time.
You can also add the same contact into multiple sequences with a different job opening. A single contact record will be created within Zoho Recruit when they sync over while being assigned to multiple job openings.
Custom Field Mapping
You can also customize how the field mapping from Interseller syncs over to Zoho Recruit. Interseller can sync over the following activity fields once this is set up within the integration settings on Interseller:
- Sequence Title - The name of the sequence the contact was messaged from
- Bounced - If a contact's message bounced
- Unsubscribed - If a contact has unsubscribed from a sequence
- First messaged at - When a contact was first messaged
- Last messaged at - When a contact was last messaged
- Responded at - When a contact was responded to a sequence
These settings are an advanced feature so we only recommend customizing them if you're familiar with setting this up. If you need any assistance with setting up the custom field mapping, we recommend reaching out to a member of our support team.
If you see any integration errors regarding custom field mapping, feel free to get in touch with our team and they can help you out further.