Using Interseller with Insightly
Learn how the integration works between Interseller and Insightly.
Interseller's integration with Insightly can automatically sync contacts into Insightly whenever they're added to a sequence on Interseller.
To connect Interseller to Insightly, you can visit the Integrations page and select Insightly from the list.
You'll need to obtain the API Key from your Insightly account to connect it to Interseller. In your Insightly account, navigate to the "User Settings" and the API Key should appear there.
Adjusting the sync settings
After Insightly is connected to Interseller, you can choose how all contacts sync over from Interseller to Insightly by selecting one of the following sync options:
- Off - Contacts will not sync over to Insightly
- Sync contacts when added to a sequence - Contacts will sync over to Insightly when they are added to a sequence
- Sync contacts only when they reply back - Contacts will only sync over to Insightly when they reply to a sequence
Disable syncing sequences to Insightly
You can also disable syncing individual sequences over to Insightly by toggling on the "Disable Sync" feature in the "Syncing" tab within the sequence's settings.
If you do not want contacts to sync over to Insightly, you will need to make sure this setting is enabled first before adding contacts into the sequence.
Enable/disable deduplication for Insightly
You can toggle on the deduplication setting for Insightly to be warned if a contact already exists in Insightly. This will mark the contact with the error "Exists in Insightly" if we find the same email address already exists in Insightly prior to being added into Interseller.
If deduplication is turned off, then we will not warn you if the contact already exists in Insightly.
Below are two common scenarios of when a new contact record will be created and when it won't be created when the contact has synced over to Insightly:
- If the same email address exists in both Insightly and Interseller, a duplicate contact record will not be created in Insightly.
- If there are two different email addresses for the same contact (one in Insightly and one in Interseller), a second contact record will be created with the second email address when they sync over from Interseller to Insightly.