Using Interseller with Crelate
In this guide we'll cover how to:
| Adjust sync settings
|| Disable syncing
| Enable and disable deduplication
|| Choose a job at the account
and sequence level
| Track email activity
|| Set up custom field mapping
| Import contacts from Crelate
|| Advance contact statuses within Crelate
Interseller's integration with Crelate allows you to automatically sync contacts and email activity whenever contacts are added to a sequence on Interseller.
To connect Interseller to Crelate, you can visit the Integrations page and select Crelate from the list. You will need to enter in your Crelate API key in order to connect it to Interseller.
To find your Crelate API key, navigate to your Personal Settings within your Crelate account and the API key should appear in the "API Access" tab.
You'll need to use your own Crelate login credentials if you want to log the candidates under your account on Crelate. Using another teammate's login credentials will log the candidate under them.
Adjusting the sync settings
Once you've connected Crelate to Interseller, you can choose to sync contacts as a "Candidate", "Sales/Client Contact", "Lead Contact" or "Employee". You can choose how all contacts sync over from Interseller to Crelate by selecting one of the following sync options:
- Off - Contacts will not sync over to Crelate
- Sync contacts when added to a sequence - Contacts will sync over to Crelate when they are added to a sequence
- Sync contacts only when they reply back - Contacts will only sync over to Crelate when they reply to a sequence
Adjusting the sync setting per sequence
It's important to select whether contacts sync as a "Candidate", "Sales/Client Contact", "Lead Contact" or "Employee" in the sequence first since this can't be re-synced if contacts are added first and then a sync option is selected for the sequence at a later time.
Disable syncing sequences to Crelate
You can also disable syncing individual sequences over to Crelate by toggling on the "Disable Sync" feature in the "Syncing" tab within the sequence's settings.
If you do not want contacts to sync over to Crelate, you will need to make sure this setting is enabled first before adding contacts into the sequence.
Enable/disable deduplication for Crelate
You can toggle on the "Deduplication" setting for Crelate to be warned if a contact already exists in Crelate. This will mark the contact with the error "Exists in Crelate" if we find the same email address already exists in Crelate prior to being added into Interseller.
If deduplication is turned off, then we will not warn you if the contact already exists in Crelate.
Below are two common scenarios of when a new contact record will be created and when it won't be created when the contact has synced over to Crelate:
- If the same email address exists in both Crelate and in Interseller, a duplicate contact record will not be created in Crelate.
- If there are two different email addresses for the same contact (one in Crelate and one in Interseller), a second contact record will be created with the second email address when they sync over from Interseller to Crelate.
Changing the default job at the account level
You can set the default job that all contacts across all sequences are synced to at the account level by adjusting the "Job" sync setting.
We recommend leaving this blank if you're syncing contacts to specific jobs for each sequence.
Changing the job for each sequence
You can override the default job by adjusting this setting for each individual sequence.
To adjust the job setting, open up the sequence's settings, click on the "Syncing" tab, and select the specific job for contacts to sync over to within Crelate.
Be sure to select the correct job first as contacts cannot be re-synced if they were added first and then a job is selected for the sequence at a later time.
Email Activity Tracking
You can sync the email activity for contacts over to Crelate when you toggle on the "Activity Tracking" setting.
We recommend setting up the integration first before emailing contacts since email activity cannot be backfilled if contacts were messaged before Crelate was connected.
Custom Field Mapping
You can also customize how the field mapping from Interseller syncs over to Crelate. These settings are an advanced feature so we only recommend customizing them if you're familiar with setting this up. If you need any assistance with setting up the custom field mapping, we recommend reaching out to a member of our support team.
If you see any integration errors regarding custom field mapping, feel free to get in touch with our team and they can help you out further.
Import multiple contacts from Crelate into Interseller using Crelate lists
Multiple contacts can be imported directly from Crelate into Interseller using Crelate lists. Be sure to create a Crelate list first with the list of contacts that you'd like to import into Interseller.
To import contacts from Crelate to Interseller, please follow the steps below:
- When Crelate is connected to Interseller, click the "Import from Crelate" option in the sequence.
- Once you click "Import from Crelate", you can select which Crelate list to import into the sequence. Only one list can be imported at a time.
- After you've chosen which list to import, click "Select" to import the contacts.
- If you'd like to schedule recurring imports from the Crelate list to sync into the sequence, you can toggle on the "Enable Recurring Import" feature. This will import any new contacts added to the Crelate list and sync them over to the Interseller sequence every hour. You can visit the Integrations page to view the list of ongoing scheduled imports as well as remove any scheduled imports.
- The contacts should be imported shortly after. You can refresh the page to see the sequence update with the Crelate contacts.
Advance contact statuses and sync reply sentiments within Crelate
Interseller can sync "Messaged" and "Replied" contact statuses as well as reply sentiments "Interested" and "Not Interested" in Crelate.
In order for a contact's status to advance to "Messaged" and "Replied" or sync reply sentiments "Interested" and "Not Interested" within Crelate, the statuses must be spelled exactly the same within Crelate. If the statuses are not named "Messaged", "Replied", "Interested", and "Not Interested" within Crelate, then Interseller will not be able to update the contact statuses.
In order to advance the contact's status and sync the reply sentiment, the statuses need to be created within Crelate first. You can visit Crelate's guide here on how to create these workflow stages: https://help.crelate.com/en/articles/4120486-creating-your-workflow-stages