Using Interseller with Close.Io
Learn how the integration works between Interseller and Close.io.
Our integration with Close.io can automatically sync contacts into Close.io whenever they're added to a sequence on Interseller.
To connect Interseller to Close.io, you can visit the Integrations page and select Close.io from the list. You will need to generate an API key within your Close.io account to set up the integration.
Adjusting the sync settings
After Close.io is connected to Interseller, you can choose how all contacts sync over from Interseller to Close.io by selecting one of the following sync options:
- Off - Contacts will not sync over to Close.io
- Sync contacts when added to a sequence - Contacts will sync over to Close.io when they are added to a sequence
- Sync contacts only when they reply back - Contacts will only sync over to Close.io when they reply to a sequence
Disable syncing sequences to Close.io
You can also disable syncing individual sequences over to Close.io by toggling on the "Disable Sync" feature in the "Syncing" tab within the sequence's settings.
If you don't want contacts to sync over to Close.io, you will need to make sure this setting is enabled first before adding contacts into the sequence.
Enable/disable deduplication for Close.io
You can toggle on the "Deduplication" setting for Close.io to be warned if a contact already exists in Close.io. This will mark the contact with the error "Exists in Close.io" if we find the same email address already exists in Close.io prior to being added into Interseller.
If deduplication is turned off, then we will not warn you if the contact already exists in Close.io.
Below are two common scenarios of when a new contact record will be created and when it won't be created when the contact has synced over to Close.io:
- If the same email address exists in both Close.io and Interseller, a duplicate contact record will not be created in the integration.
- If there are two different email addresses for the same contact (one in Close.io and one in Interseller), a second contact record will be created with the second email address when they sync over from Interseller to Close.io.
Email Activity Tracking
You can sync the email activity for contacts over to Close.io when you toggle on the "Activity Tracking" setting.
We recommend setting up the integration first before emailing contacts since email activity cannot be backfilled if contacts were messaged before Close.io was connected.
Custom Field Mapping
You can also customize how the field mapping from Interseller syncs over to Close.io. Interseller can sync over the following activity fields once this is set up within the integration settings on Interseller:
- Sequence Title - The name of the sequence the contact was messaged from
- Bounced - If a contact's message bounced
- Unsubscribed - If a contact has unsubscribed from a sequence
- First messaged at - When a contact was first messaged
- Last messaged at - When a contact was last messaged
- Responded at - When a contact was responded to a sequence
These settings are an advanced feature so we only recommend customizing them if you're familiar with setting this up. If you need any assistance with setting up the custom field mapping, we recommend reaching out to a member of our support team.
If you see any integration errors regarding custom field mapping, feel free to get in touch with our team and they can help you out further.