Using Interseller with Close
In this guide:
Our integration with Close can automatically sync contacts into Close whenever they're added to a sequence on Interseller.
To connect Interseller to Close, you can visit the Integrations page and select Close. from the list. You will need to generate an API key within your Close account to set up the integration.
To generate an API key, follow the steps below:
- Login to your Close account and open your Settings.
- Scroll down to the Integrations section and click API Keys.
- Click the + New API Key button, type in Interseller and click Create API Key.
- You will see the new API key appear in the pop-up window which you can then copy and paste into your Interseller account.
Adjusting the sync settings
After Close is connected to Interseller, you can choose how all contacts sync over from Interseller to Close by selecting one of the following sync options:
- Off - Contacts will not sync over to Close
- Sync contacts when added to a sequence - Contacts will sync over to Close when they are added to a sequence
- Sync contacts only when they reply back - Contacts will only sync over to Close when they reply to a sequence
Disable syncing sequences to Close
You can also disable syncing individual sequences over to Close by toggling off the "Sync to Close" feature in the "Syncing" tab within the sequence's settings.
If you don't want contacts to sync over to Close, you will need to make sure this setting is enabled first before adding contacts into the sequence.
Resync contacts to Close
If contacts have been added before Close was connected, contacts and email activity can be backfilled later through the "Resync to Close" feature. You can re-sync contacts to Close individually or in bulk.
Enable/disable deduplication for Close
You can toggle on the "Deduplication" setting for Close to be warned if a contact already exists in Close. This will mark the contact with the error "Exists in Close" if we find the same email address already exists in Close prior to being added into Interseller.
If deduplication is turned off, then we will not warn you if the contact already exists in Close.
Below are two common scenarios of when a new contact record will be created and when it won't be created when the contact has synced over to Close:
- If the same email address exists in both Close and Interseller, a duplicate contact record will not be created in the integration.
- If there are two different email addresses for the same contact (one in Close and one in Interseller), a second contact record will be created with the second email address when they sync over from Interseller to Close.
Email Activity Tracking
You can sync the email activity for contacts over to Close when you toggle on the "Activity Tracking" setting.
Custom Field Mapping
You can also customize how the field mapping from Interseller syncs over to Close. Interseller can sync over the following activity fields once this is set up within the integration settings on Interseller:
- Sequence Title - The name of the sequence the contact was messaged from
- Bounced - If a contact's message bounced
- Unsubscribed - If a contact has unsubscribed from a sequence
- First messaged at - When a contact was first messaged
- Last messaged at - When a contact was last messaged
- Responded at - When a contact was responded to a sequence
These settings are an advanced feature so we only recommend customizing them if you're familiar with setting this up. If you need any assistance with setting up the custom field mapping, we recommend reaching out to a member of our support team.
If you see any integration errors regarding custom field mapping, feel free to get in touch with our team and they can help you out further.