Our integration with Leo can automatically sync contacts and assign them to job positions in Leo whenever they're added to a sequence on Interseller.
To connect Interseller to Leo, you can visit the Integrations page and select Leo from the list. You'll need to enter obtain an API Key from Leo's support team in order to connect to Interseller.
Adjusting the default sync settings
After Leo is connected to Interseller, you can choose how all contacts sync over from Interseller to Leo by selecting one of the following sync options:
- Off - Contacts will not sync over to Leo
- Sync contacts when added to a sequence - Contacts will sync over to Leo when they are added to a sequence
- Sync contacts only when they reply back - Contacts will only sync over to Leo when they reply to a sequence
Disable syncing sequences to Leo
You can also disable syncing individual sequences over to Leo by toggling on the "Disable Sync" feature in the "Syncing" tab within the sequence's settings.
If you do not want contacts to sync over to Leo, you will need to make sure this setting is enabled first before adding contacts into the sequence.
Enable/disable deduplication for Leo
You can toggle on the "Deduplication" setting for Leo to be warned if a contact already exists in Leo. This will mark the contact with the error "Exists in Leo" if we find the same email address already exists in Leo prior to being added into Interseller.
If deduplication is turned off, then we will not warn you if the contact already exists in Leo.
Below are two common scenarios of when a new contact record will be created and when it won't be created when the contact has synced over to Leo:
- If the same email address exists in both Leo and Interseller, a duplicate contact record will not be created in Leo.
- If there are two different email addresses for the same contact (one in Leo and one in Interseller), a second contact record will be created with the second email address when they sync over from Interseller to Leo.