Using Interseller with Ashby
In this guide:
Our integration with Ashby can automatically sync contacts and assign them to job positions in Ashby whenever they're added to a sequence on Interseller.
Connecting to Ashby
To connect Interseller to Ashby, you can visit the Integrations page and select Ashby from the list. You'll need to enter obtain an API Key from your Ashby account in order to connect to Interseller.
To generate the API key, log into your Ashby account and follow the steps below:
- From your dashboard, click the gear icon labeled Admin in the top menu.
- On the left menu, click the drop-down menu Ashby API > then click API Keys.
- In the API Keys page, click the New button on the top right.
- Add a name for your API Key and click Create API Key.
- Once the API Key is generated, you can copy the API Key. Be sure to save the API Key somewhere safe if you need to access it again as it will not be displayed again. You can click the Copy and Close button once you're done copying and pasting the API Key.
- You can visit your Interseller Integration Settings here and paste in the API Key and click Connect.
Adjusting the sync settings
After Ashby is connected to Interseller, you can choose how all contacts sync over from Interseller to Ashby by selecting one of the following sync options:
- Off - Contacts will not sync over to Ashby
- Sync contacts when added to a sequence - Contacts will sync over to Ashby when they are added to a sequence
- Sync contacts only when they reply back - Contacts will only sync over to Ashby when they reply to a sequence
Disable syncing sequences to Ashby
You can also disable syncing individual sequences over to Ashby by toggling off the "Sync to Ashby" feature in the "Syncing" tab within the sequence's settings.
If you do want contacts to sync over to Ashby, you will need to make sure this setting is disabled first before adding contacts into the sequence.
Resync contacts to Ashby
If contacts have been added before Ashby was connected, contacts can be backfilled later through the "Resync to Ashby" feature. You can resync contacts to Ashby individually or in bulk.
Enable/disable deduplication for Ashby
You can toggle on the "Deduplication" setting for Ashby to be warned if a contact already exists in Ashby. This will mark the contact with the error "Exists in Ashby" if we find the same email address already exists in Ashby prior to being added into Interseller.
If deduplication is turned off, then we will not warn you if the contact already exists in Ashby.
Below are two common scenarios of when a new contact record will be created and when it won't be created when the contact has synced over to Ashby:
- If the same email address exists in both Ashby and Interseller, a duplicate contact record will not be created in Ashby.
- If there are two different email addresses for the same contact (one in Ashby and one in Interseller), a second contact record will be created with the second email address when they sync over from Interseller to Ashby.
Changing the default job sync at the account level
You can set the default job posting that all contacts across all sequences are synced to at the account level by adjusting the "Job" sync setting.
We recommend leaving this blank if you're syncing contacts to specific jobs for each sequence.
Changing the job sync for each sequence
You can override the default job by adjusting this setting for each individual sequence.
To adjust the job setting, open up the sequence's settings, click on the "Syncing" tab, and select the specific job for contacts to sync over to within Ashby.
Be sure to select the correct job first as contacts cannot be re-synced if they were added first and then a job is selected for the sequence at a later time.
Email Activity Tracking
You can sync the email activity for contacts over to Ashby when you toggle on the "Activity Tracking" setting.
We recommend setting up the integration first before emailing contacts since email activity cannot be backfilled if contacts were messaged before Ashby was connected.