Using Interseller with JobAdder
Learn how the integration works between Interseller and JobAdder
In this guide we'll cover how to:
Our integration with recruiting and staffing software JobAdder lets you automatically sync contacts and email activity into JobAdder whenever they're added to a sequence on Interseller.
To connect Interseller to JobAdder, you can visit the Integrations page and select JobAdder from the list. You will need to log into your JobAdder account and grant Interseller permission to access your JobAdder data.
If you're part of a team and want to have the team connect JobAdder to their Interseller accounts, you'll need to ensure that the JobAdder admin has the feature "Grant API access to integration partners" enabled.
You can find this setting to navigating to Admin > General > Users.
Adjusting the sync settings
Once you've connected JobAdder to Interseller, you can choose to sync contacts as a "Candidate" or "Contact". You can choose how all contacts sync over from Interseller to JobAdder by selecting one of the following sync options:
- Off - Contacts will not sync over to JobAdder
- Sync contacts when added to a sequence - Contacts will sync over to JobAdder when they are added to a sequence
- Sync contacts only when they reply back - Contacts will only sync over to JobAdder when they reply to a sequence
Adjusting the sync setting per sequence
You can override the default sync setting for each individual sequence. To adjust this setting for each sequence, open up the sequence's settings and select the sync option from the drop-down menu in the "Sync As" section.
It's important to select whether contacts sync as a "Candidate" or "Contact" in the sequence first since this can't be re-synced if contacts are added first and then a sync option is selected for the sequence at a later time.
Disable syncing sequences to JobAdder
You can also disable syncing individual sequences over to JobAdder by toggling on the "Disable Sync" feature in the "Syncing" tab within the sequence's settings.
If you do not want contacts to sync over to JobAdder, you will need to make sure this setting is enabled first before adding contacts into the sequence.
Enable/disable deduplication for JobAdder
You can toggle on the "Deduplication" setting for JobAdder to be warned if a contact already exists in JobAdder. This will mark the contact with the error "Exists in JobAdder" if we find the same email address already exists in JobAdder prior to being added into Interseller.
If deduplication is turned off, then we will not warn you if the contact already exists in JobAdder.
Below are two common scenarios of when a new contact record will be created and when it won't be created when the contact has synced over to JobAdder:
- If the same email address exists in both JobAdder and Interseller, a duplicate contact record will not be created in JobAdder.
- If there are two different email addresses for the same contact (one in JobAdder and one in Interseller), a second contact record will be created with the second email address when they sync over from Interseller to JobAdder.
Changing the default job sync at the account level
You can set the default job posting that all contacts across all sequences are synced to at the account level by adjusting the "Job" sync setting.
We recommend leaving this blank if you're syncing contacts to specific jobs for each sequence.
Changing the job sync for each sequence
You can override the default job by adjusting this setting for each individual sequence.
To adjust the job setting, open up the sequence's settings, click on the "Syncing" tab, and select the specific job for contacts to sync over to within JobAdder.
Be sure to select the correct job first as contacts cannot be re-synced if they were added first and then a job is selected for the sequence at a later time.
You can also add the same contact into multiple sequences with a different job. A single contact record will be created within JobAdder when they sync over while being assigned to multiple jobs.
Email Activity Tracking
You can sync the email activity for contacts over to JobAdder when you toggle on the "Activity Tracking" setting.
We recommend setting up the integration first before emailing contacts since email activity cannot be backfilled if contacts were messaged before JobAdder was connected.
Custom Field Mapping
You can also customize how the field mapping from Interseller syncs over to JobAdder. You can also adjust the field mapping if you'd like to customize additional fields to map over to JobAdder. Interseller can also sync over the following activity fields once this is set up within the integration settings on Interseller:
- Sequence Title - The name of the sequence the contact was messaged from
- Bounced - If a contact's message bounced
- Unsubscribed - If a contact has unsubscribed from a sequence
- First messaged at - When a contact was first messaged
- Last messaged at - When a contact was last messaged
- Responded at - When a contact was responded to a sequence
These settings are an advanced feature so we only recommend customizing them if you're familiar with setting this up. If you need any assistance with setting up the custom field mapping, we recommend reaching out to a member of our support team.
If you see any integration errors regarding custom field mapping, feel free to get in touch with our team and they can help you out further.
Add individual JobAdder contacts to Interseller
Once your JobAdder account is connected to Interseller, individual contacts in JobAdder can be added to Interseller sequences. Only one contact can be added at a time from JobAdder to Interseller at the moment.
If your JobAdder account is already connected to Interseller, you'll need to re-authenticate with JobAdder. You can click this link to re-authenticate: https://interseller.io/auth/crm/jobadder
Select a single contact that you'd like to add either from the Candidates or Contacts tab and under Actions, click Interseller and then Add to Interseller Sequence.
A window should appear and you can select which Interseller sequence to add the contact to. Once the contact has been added, you can open the contact within the sequence. If you have deduplication enabled, the contact will be marked as a duplicate in JobAdder.
Import multiple contacts from JobAdder into Interseller using JobAdder folders
Multiple contacts can be imported directly from JobAdder into Interseller using JobAdder folders. Be sure to create a JobAdder folder first with the list of contacts that you'd like to import into Interseller.
To import contacts from JobAdder to Interseller, please follow the steps below:
- When JobAdder is connected to Interseller, click the "Import from JobAdder" in the sequence.
- Once you click "Import from JobAdder", you can select which JobAdder folder to import into the sequence. Only one folder can be imported at a time.
- After you've chosen which folder to import, click "Select" to import the contacts.
- If you'd like to schedule recurring imports from the JobAdder folder to sync into the sequence, you can toggle on the "Enable Recurring Import" feature. This will import any new contacts added to the JobAdder folder and sync them over to the Interseller sequence every hour. If you'd like to do remove the scheduled imports, you can do so within the Integrations page.
- The contacts should be imported shortly after. You can refresh the page to see the sequence update with the JobAdder contacts.