Using Interseller with HubSpot
In this guide:
Interseller's integration with HubSpot allows you to automatically sync contacts into HubSpot whenever they're added to a sequence on Interseller.
Connecting to HubSpot
In order to connect to HubSpot, you'll need to have "Super Admin" permissions. If you do not have this permission, you'll need to be granted this permission level or have a teammate with "Super Admin" permission connect to HubSpot first.
After a teammate with "Super Admin" permission connects to HubSpot, other users that do not have this permission will be able to connect to HubSpot.
To connect Interseller to HubSpot, you can visit the Integrations page and select HubSpot from the list. You'll need to log in with your HubSpot credentials and grant Interseller access to your HubSpot account.
Adjusting the default sync settings
After HubSpot is connected to Interseller, you can choose how contacts from all sequences sync over from Interseller to HubSpot by selecting one of the following sync options:
- Off - Contacts will not sync over to HubSpot
- Sync contacts when added to a sequence - Contacts will sync over to HubSpot when they are added to a sequence
- Sync contacts only when they reply back - Contacts will only sync over to HubSpot when they reply to a sequence
Disable syncing sequences to HubSpot
You can also disable syncing individual sequences over to HubSpot by toggling off the "Sync to HubSpot" feature in the "Syncing" tab within the sequence's settings.
If you do not want contacts to sync over to HubSpot, you will need to make sure this setting is enabled first before adding contacts into the sequence.
Resync contacts to HubSpot
If contacts have been added before HubSpot was connected, contacts can be backfilled later through the "Resync to HubSpot" feature. You can resync contacts to HubSpot individually or in bulk.
Enable/disable deduplication for HubSpot
You can toggle on the "Deduplication" setting for HubSpot to be warned if a contact already exists in HubSpot. This will mark the contact with the error "Exists in HubSpot" if we find the same email address already exists in HubSpot prior to being added into Interseller.
If deduplication is turned off, then we will not warn you if the contact already exists in HubSpot.
Below are two common scenarios of when a new contact record will be created and when it won't be created when the contact has synced over to HubSpot:
- If the same email address exists in both HubSpot and Interseller, a duplicate contact record will not be created in the HubSpot.
- If there are two different email addresses for the same contact (one in HubSpot and one in Interseller), a second contact record will be created with the second email address when they sync over from Interseller to HubSpot.
Custom Field Mapping
You can also customize how the field mapping from Interseller syncs over to HubSpot. These settings are an advanced feature so we only recommend customizing them if you're familiar with setting this up. If you need any assistance with setting up the custom field mapping, we recommend reaching out to a member of our support team.
If you see any integration errors regarding custom field mapping, feel free to get in touch with our team and they can help you out further.
Syncing Email Activity to HubSpot
If you would like to allow all emails sent from Interseller to be logged in HubSpot, you can set up HubSpot's BCC email with Interseller.
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon ⚙️ in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Objects > Activities
- Click the Email Logging tab.
- From there, click "Copy" to the right of the BCC Address field to copy your unique Hubspot email address
- Next, visit your email settings in Interseller and paste the BBC address in the BCC box and you're all set!