Using Interseller with CATS
In this guide:
- Adjusting the sync settings
- Cloning integration settings to teammates
- Disable syncing to sequences
- Resyncing contacts to CATS
- Enabling and disabling deduplication
- Selecting the default job order
- Selecting the job order per sequence
- Tracking email activity
- Setting up custom field mapping
- Advancing contact statuses within CATS
Interseller's integration with CATS can automatically sync contacts and assign them to job orders in CATS whenever they're added to a sequence.
Connecting to CATS
To connect Interseller to CATS, you can visit the Integrations page and select CATS from the list. You will need to enter in your CATS subdomain and log into your CATS account to grant Interseller permission to access your CATS data.
Adjusting the sync settings
After CATS is connected to Interseller, you can choose how all contacts sync over from Interseller to CATS by selecting one of the following sync options:
- Off - Contacts will not sync over to CATS
- Sync contacts when added to a sequence - Contacts will sync over to CATS when they are added to a sequence
- Sync contacts only when they reply back - Contacts will only sync over to CATS when they reply to a sequence
Cloning integration settings to teammates
Owners and Managers have the option to clone their integration settings to teammates currently connected to CATS, whether or not they are part of a Group.
Using this option will clone all of the settings available with the CATS integration as there is not an option to select specific settings to copy over.
Disable syncing sequences to CATS
You can also disable syncing individual sequences over to CATS by toggling off the "Sync to CATS" feature in the "Syncing" tab within the sequence's settings.
If you do not want contacts to sync over to CATS, you will need to make sure this setting is enabled first before adding contacts into the sequence.
Resync contacts to CATS
If contacts have been added before CATS was connected, contacts and email activity can be backfilled later through the "Resync to CATS" feature. You can resync contacts to CATS individually or in bulk.
Enable/disable deduplication for CATS
You can toggle on the "Deduplication" setting for CATS to be warned if a contact already exists in CATS. This will mark the contact with the error "Exists in CATS" if we find the same email address already exists in CATS prior to being added into Interseller.
If deduplication is turned off, then we will not warn you if the contact already exists in CATS.
Below are two common scenarios of when a new contact record will be created and when it won't be created when the contact has synced over to CATS:
- If the same email address exists in both CATS and Interseller, a duplicate contact record will not be created in CATS.
- If there are two different email addresses for the same contact (one in CATS and one in Interseller), a second contact record will be created with the second email address when they sync over from Interseller to CATS.
Changing the default job order at the account level
You can set the default job posting that all contacts across all sequences are synced to at the account level by adjusting the "Job Order" sync setting.
We recommend leaving this blank if you are syncing contacts to specific job orders for each sequence.
Changing the job order for each sequence
You can override the default job order by adjusting this setting for each sequence.
To adjust the job order setting, open up the sequence's settings, click on the "Syncing" tab, and select the specific job order for contacts to sync over to within CATS.
Be sure to select the correct job order first as contacts cannot be re-synced if they were added first and then a job order is selected for the sequence at a later time.
You can also add the same contact into multiple sequences with a different job order. A single contact record will be created within CATS when they sync over while being assigned to multiple job orders.
Email Activity Tracking
You can sync the email activity for contacts over to CATS when you toggle on the "Activity Tracking" setting.
Custom Field Mapping
You can also customize how the field mapping from Interseller syncs over to CATS. Interseller can sync over the following activity fields once this is set up within the integration settings on Interseller:
- Sequence Title - The name of the sequence the contact was messaged from
- Bounced - If a contact's message bounced
- Unsubscribed - If a contact has unsubscribed from a sequence
- First messaged at - When a contact was first messaged
- Last messaged at - When a contact was last messaged
- Responded at - When a contact was responded to a sequence
These settings are an advanced feature so we only recommend customizing them if you're familiar with setting this up. If you need any assistance with setting up the custom field mapping, we recommend reaching out to a member of our support team.
If you see any integration errors regarding custom field mapping, feel free to get in touch with our team and they can help you out further.
Advance contact statuses and sync reply sentiments within CATS
Interseller can sync "Messaged" and "Replied" contact statuses as well as reply sentiments "Interested" and "Not Interested" in CATS.
In order for a contact's status to advance to "Messaged" and "Replied" or sync reply sentiments "Interested" and "Not Interested" within CATS, the statuses must be spelled exactly the same within CATS. If the statuses are not named "Messaged", "Replied", "Interested", and "Not Interested" within CATS, then Interseller will not be able to update the contact statuses.
In order to advance the contact's status and sync the reply sentiment, the statuses need to be created within CATS first. You can visit CATS' guide here on how to add a status: https://help.catsone.com/article/120-customizing-the-workflow.