Using Interseller with Bullhorn
In this guide we'll cover how to:
| Adjust the default sync settings
|| Adjust the sequence sync settings
| Disable syncing sequences
|| Resync contacts to Bullhorn
| Enable and disable deduplication
|| Track email activity
| Set up custom field mapping
|| Import contacts from Bullhorn
Interseller's integration with Bullhorn allows you to automatically sync contacts and email activity into Bullhorn whenever they're added to a sequence on Interseller.
If this is your first time connecting to Bullhorn, you'll need to follow the steps in this guide here first to get in touch with Bullhorn's support team so you can receive the API credentials to set up the integration.
If you or your teammate have already gone through the steps above once, you can skip over it and follow the steps below to connect Interseller to Bullhorn.
To connect Interseller to Bullhorn, you can visit the Integrations page and select Bullhorn from the list.
You'll need to log into your Bullhorn account and grant Interseller permission to access your Bullhorn data.
Adjusting the default sync settings
After Bullhorn is connected to Interseller, you can choose to sync contacts as a "Candidate", "Lead", or "ClientContact". You can choose how all contacts sync over from Interseller to Bullhorn by selecting one of the following sync options:
- Off - Contacts will not sync over to Bullhorn
- Sync contacts when added to a sequence - Contacts will sync over to Bullhorn when they are added to a sequence
- Sync contacts only when they reply back - Contacts will only sync over to Bullhorn when they reply to a sequence
Adjusting the sync setting per sequence
You can override the default sync setting for each individual sequence. To adjust this setting for each sequence, open up the sequence's settings and select the sync option from the drop-down menu in the "Sync As" section.
It's important to select whether contacts sync as a "Candidate", "Lead", or "ClientContact" in the sequence first since this can't be re-synced if contacts are added first and then a sync option is selected for the sequence at a later time.
Disable syncing sequences to Bullhorn
You can also disable syncing individual sequences over to Bullhorn by toggling on the "Disable Sync" feature in the "Syncing" tab within the sequence's settings.
If you do not want contacts to sync over to Bullhorn, you will need to make sure this setting is enabled first before adding contacts into the sequence.
Resync contacts to Bullhorn
If contacts have been added before Bullhorn was connected, contacts and email activity can be backfilled later through the "Resync to Bullhorn" feature. You can resync contacts to Bullhorn individually or in bulk.
Enable/disable deduplication for Bullhorn
You can toggle on the "Deduplication" setting for Bullhorn to be warned if a contact already exists in Bullhorn. This will mark the contact with the error "Exists in Bullhorn" if we find the same email address already exists in Bullhorn prior to being added into Interseller.
If deduplication is turned off, then we will not warn you if the contact already exists in Bullhorn.
Below are two common scenarios of when a new contact record will be created and when it won't be created when the contact has synced over to Bullhorn:
- If the same email address exists in both Bullhorn and Interseller, a duplicate contact record will not be created in Bullhorn.
- If there are two different email addresses for the same contact (one in Bullhorn and one in Interseller), a second contact record will be created with the second email address when they sync over from Interseller to Bullhorn.
Email Activity Tracking
You can sync the email activity for contacts over to Bullhorn when you toggle on the "Activity Tracking" setting.
Custom Field Mapping
You can also customize how the field mapping from Interseller syncs over to Bullhorn. These settings are an advanced feature so we only recommend customizing them if you're familiar with setting this up. If you need any assistance with setting up the custom field mapping, we recommend reaching out to a member of our support team.
If you see any integration errors regarding custom field mapping, feel free to get in touch with our team and they can help you out further.
Import multiple contacts from Bullhorn into Interseller using Bullhorn tearsheets
Multiple contacts can be imported directly from Bullhorn into Interseller using Bullhorn tearsheets. Be sure to create a Bullhorn tearsheet first with the list of contacts that you'd like to import into Interseller.
To import contacts from Bullhorn to Interseller, please follow the steps below:
- When Bullhorn is connected to Interseller, click the "Import from Bullhorn" option in the sequence.
- Once you click "Import from Bullhorn", you can select which Bullhorn tearsheet to import into the sequence. Only one tearsheet can be imported at a time.
- After you've chosen which tearsheet to import, click "Select" to import the contacts.
- If you'd like to schedule recurring imports from the Bullhorn list to sync into the sequence, you can toggle on the "Enable Recurring Import" feature. This will import any new contacts added to the Bullhorn tearsheet and sync them over to the Interseller sequence every hour. You can visit the Integrations page to view the list of ongoing scheduled imports as well as remove any scheduled imports.
- The contacts should be imported shortly after. You can refresh the page to see the sequence update with the Bullhorn contacts.