Our Chrome extension by default prioritizes work emails to be displayed whenever you're on search results or in a profile. Interseller also provides personal email searches, but you'll need to get in contact with our team to activate it.
Adjusting the lookup preference for the Chrome extension
In order to change this, you'll need to navigate to your settings and select the Chrome Extension panel. From there, you can select between 5 options:
- None - this pulls up any email that appears on the page, similar to the Find browser function (the lookup function isn't being used to locate the email so your lookup credit doesn't count here)
- Work Only - this pulls only work emails
- Personal Only - this pulls only personal emails
- Any (Work First) - this prioritizes work emails first and then personal emails if work emails can't be found
- Any (Personal First) - this prioritizes personal emails first and then work emails if personal emails can't be found
Be sure to refresh the page on LinkedIn so the new email lookup preference updates.
Using the Chrome Extension's Quick Change
To change between work and personal emails, right click the Chrome extension in the browser toolbar. You will find an option called "Email Lookup." From there, you can choose between the same options. Refresh the page so the lookup preference updates.
Note: There's a maximum of 1 credit per email lookup since only one email is being searched for. If you search for both a personal and work email for the same contact in 2 separate searches, this will count as 2 credits. The credit will be counted when an email is found. If an email isn't found, then the credit won't count.