Interseller's integration with Zoho CRM can automatically sync contacts and email activity into Zoho CRM whenever they're added to a sequence on Interseller.
To connect Interseller to Zoho CRM, you can visit the Integrations page and select Zoho CRM from the list.
You'll need to log into your Zoho CRM account and grant Interseller permission to access your Zoho CRM data.
Adjusting the sync settings
After Zoho CRM is connected to Interseller, you can choose to sync contacts as a "Lead" or "Contact". You can choose how all contacts sync over from Interseller to Zoho CRM by selecting one of the following sync options:
- Off - Contacts will not sync over to Zoho CRM
- Sync contacts when added to a sequence - Contacts will sync over to Zoho CRM when they are added to a sequence
- Sync contacts only when they reply back - Contacts will only sync over to Zoho CRM when they reply to a sequence
Adjusting the sync setting per sequence
You can override the default sync setting for each individual sequence. To adjust this setting for each sequence, open up the sequence's settings and select the sync option from the drop-down menu in the "Sync As" section.
It's important to select whether contacts sync as a "Lead" or "Contact" in the sequence first since this can't be re-synced if contacts are added first and then a sync option is selected for the sequence at a later time.
Disable syncing sequences to Zoho CRM
You can also disable syncing individual sequences over to Zoho CRM by toggling on the "Disable Sync" feature in the "Syncing" tab within the sequence's settings.
If you do not want contacts to sync over to Zoho CRM you will need to make sure this setting is enabled first before adding contacts into the sequence.
Enable/disable deduplication for Zoho CRM
You can toggle on the "Deduplication" setting for Zoho CRM to be warned if a contact already exists in Zoho CRM. This will mark the contact with the error "Exists in Zoho CRM" if we find the same email address already exists in Zoho CRM prior to being added into Interseller.
If deduplication is turned off, then we will not warn you if the contact already exists in Zoho CRM.
Below are two common scenarios of when a new contact record will be created and when it won't be created when the contact has synced over to Zoho CRM:
- If the same email address exists in both Zoho CRM and Interseller, a duplicate contact record will not be created in Zoho CRM.
- If there are two different email addresses for the same contact (one in Zoho CRM and one in Interseller), a second contact record will be created with the second email address when they sync over from Interseller to Zoho CRM.
Email Activity Tracking
You can sync the email activity for contacts over to Zoho CRM when you toggle on the "Activity Tracking" setting.
We recommend setting up the integration first before emailing contacts since email activity cannot be backfilled if contacts were messaged before Zoho CRM was connected.
Custom Field Mapping
You can also customize how the field mapping from Interseller syncs over to Zoho CRM. Interseller can sync over the following activity fields once this is set up within the integration settings on Interseller:
- Sequence Title - The name of the sequence the contact was messaged from
- Bounced - If a contact's message bounced
- Unsubscribed - If a contact has unsubscribed from a sequence
- First messaged at - When a contact was first messaged
- Last messaged at - When a contact was last messaged
- Responded at - When a contact was responded to a sequence
These settings are an advanced feature so we only recommend customizing them if you're familiar with setting this up. If you need any assistance with setting up the custom field mapping, we recommend reaching out to a member of our support team.
If you see any integration errors regarding custom field mapping, feel free to get in touch with our team and they can help you out further.
Note: If a contact has synced over to Zoho CRM and the custom field mapping has been later updated on Interseller, it won't re-sync the contact over to Zoho CRM with the updated custom field mapping. It will only apply to new contacts added after the update.