Branded domains can help drastically increase your sending reputation with a small technical set up. In most cases, we see at least a 50% increase in open rates, and about 1.5x the replies after it is set up.
How it works
With Interseller's open, click and unsubscribe tracking, we lead your contacts to our website first in order to track them. For example, if you have click tracking turned on, you may see this happen when clicking on a link in your email:
Clicked Link In Email → Opens Interseller Blank Page → Redirects To Your Link
This helps us know exactly who and when someone clicks on your link in your email. When hovering over the link, you'll see that the URL is not what you put in, but ends up at your URL. The same applies for open tracking and "opt-out" links. That URL is also shared across all of our customers.
Spam trackers and email services use URLs as a way of heuristically detecting if the email is from known spammers. Therefore, when one customer writes a bad email, it can affect you and everyone else. This is where branded domains comes in.
With your own branded domain/URL, you can avoid this since the URL is your own and is not shared with anyone else.
Before we can get started, you'll need to make sure you have the following:
- Your domain must be at least 90 days of age.
- You must have access to your domain's DNS records to add a subdomain. Ask your IT or webmaster if you don't know what this is.
- You must be on one of our current plans found on our pricing page.
- Your entire team must have the same email domain (e.g. interseller.io).
After you've confirmed all of the above, please reach out to our team with the following:
- A subdomain of your email domain that you'd like to use (e.g. is.interseller.io). This cannot be a separate domain.
- Confirmation on where you've bought your domain.
After it's all working, improvements will happen over time, not immediately. It does take some time to build up your own sending reputation but will be a whole lot better in the end.